News & Notices Archive
DCiMap has been upgraded to Version 3.1
November 1, 2017
A major upgrade to DCiMap has been released which resolved some bugs and added new features. See below for more details
- Added 2017 Imagery
- Upgraded the Draw widget. Drawings can now be edited (individually) and exported and imported. Text can also be added.
- 'Plat Unknown' will no longer show as a plat name in the city of Madison. Some City of Madison plat names will appear instead.
- Added a GoTo XY widget which finds and zooms to a user-inputted coordinate.
- Changed the parent categories in the Layer List widget to be shaded which helps to visually distinguish between categories and data layers
- Fixed plat labels to distinguish between Lots and Outlots and changed the precision of acre labels to 1
- Added Square Feet to the attributes returned in the pop-up window when Identifying or clicking on a parcel
- Added Road Names
- Fixed printing to print to scale
- Changed the Scale text on the pdf printouts to show feet instead of miles
- Changed the Scale bar to show feet instead of miles and kilometers
Aerial Photography 2017
March 8, 2017
The Fly Dane 2017 is under way. Ayres Associates has been selected as the vendor and partner for this project. Data acquisition will begin in later March into April of 2017. Please visit the Fly Dane 2017 page for more information.
2015 Land Use
November 22, 2016
The 2015 Land Use is now available in DCiMap.
DCiMap 3.0 is now live
June 12, 2017
The following enhancements have been added to the new DCiMap:
- DCiMap will now display on mobile devices and tablets
- Added displaying of attribute table
- Added building footprints
- Added Fire, EMS, Law Enforcement districts, stations, and precincts
- Added the ability to export data to CSV files
- Legislative Districts: Added links to representatives websites in the popup menu
- Added a tool to search layers by shape, value, or spatial
- Added ability to display two basemaps at the same time and control the transparency of each
- Added Resource Protection Corridors layer to the Planning category
- Added Farmland Preservation layer to the Planning category
- Added Streambank Easements layer to the Recreation category
- Display of owner names (except for those who opted out)
- Added Dane County parks and municipal parks
- Added imagery as a basemap for 1987, 1976, 1968, 1957, and 1955
Where do I vote?
October 21, 2016
Use our new Election Polling Place mapping application to discover where to cast your ballot on election day. Visit our Maps & Apps gallery to access this app or to view other applications and maps that we provide.
Public Notification Tool
August 25, 2016
A new application that creates mailing labels from a buffer of a parcel or road, or properties adjacent to a lake or within a school district is now available for subscription users of AccessDane. View a description of the AccessDane enhanced services. Click here to create an AccessDane account.
Planning and Transportation Viewer added to GIS Apps & Maps page
August 12, 2016
A new Planning Viewer and Transportation Improvement Viewer is now available by clicking on the GIS Apps & Maps link above
We are now on Facebook and Twitter
March 18, 2016
To further communicate with the public and other government agencies we have added LIO Facebook and Twitter pages.
Applications added to the GIS Apps & Maps page
December 4, 2015
In addition to the existing DCiMap and Surveyors Office, we have added Park Finder, Parcel Viewer, and the Land and Water Resources Viewer.
Maps added to the GIS Apps & Maps page
June 4, 2015
Four interactive maps were added to the GIS Apps & Maps section: School Districts, Zip Code Map, Supervisor Districts, and Election Districts. PDF maps of bicycle routes
and cross-country ski trails were also added.
2014 Aerial Photos
October 15, 2014
The 2014 orthophotos are now available to view on DCiMap and are available to purchase using our on-line data order wizard
April 30, 2014
The new DCiMap was deployed on April 30th. This new app will be much faster and more reliable that the previous DCiMap. Please use the Contact Us link to report any issues.